For a long time in the past, people’s lighting needs for homes were relatively simple, and often a ceiling or chandelier was installed in the center of the room to meet the lighting needs. There is also a customary decoration routine in which a chandelier is installed in the center of the main living room space, and the surrounding ceiling is embedded with a downlight and a light bulb along the side.
▲ Image source network Today, the interior design of building space integration is gradually emerging, so the function of lighting is gradually refined, and the expression of details is beginning to use light. At the same time, the construction of personalized resorts has also affected home design. As a result, the designers focused on imitating the interior design of the hotel, and the lighting mode also used the setting of the scene mode. As a result, residential lighting has been brought into the professional lighting design field. Lighting Design of carrying out, we must elect for each space lighting fixtures. However, the variety of lamps and lanterns, the performance and characteristics are also different, to understand this, is the first step in our choice of lamps. Here we introduce the characteristics and points of attention of representative lamps used in residential buildings.
● Decorative lighting fixtures. ● A representative use case is an indoor space that is raised on the ceiling. ● The light source can be used with a chandelier for chandeliers, which can emit a type of flickering light. It is not suitable for fluorescent lamps with full-surface illumination.Recently, LED lights have also begun to appear as a chandelier light bulb in a point-like manner for people to choose.
● Mostly have considerable volume and weight. ● The installation method is divided into two types: the direct type mounted directly on the ceiling and the ceiling hook. ● If the weight of the appliance is too heavy, the structure of the ceiling must be strengthened. 1 Type of direct installation, when the weight of the chandelier exceeds 5kg. With the type of ceiling hooks, the weight of the chandelier that can be installed is less than 5kg. 2 The type of direct installation is used when the weight of the chandelier exceeds 5kg.
● Display lighting fixtures. ● There are a wide range of sizes and shapes, and the way the light source spreads varies with the height and design of the lampshade. ● The lampshade is divided into a type that allows light to pass through, and a type that blocks light and only makes light up and down. ● Most of them are equipped with plugs. It is easy to set up and move without additional power connection.
● When planning the lighting, you must pay attention to whether there is a socket near the location.
● Directly mounted on the ceiling to illuminate the entire interior. ● Many homes use it as the primary lighting. ● Most of the light source uses a circular fluorescent lamp, and an acrylic lampshade diffuses the light. ● The switch can be switched on or off with a wall switch or remote control. The type of remote control used may have a stepless or staged dimmer. Recently, LED lights that can adjust the color of the bulb and white have appeared on the market.
● In Japan, most of the ceiling hooks are used for installation. The ceiling hook must be confirmed to be compatible with the bottom of the lighting fixture according to the manufacturer’s catalog.
● Lighting fixtures that are hung on the ceiling with cables or chains. ● There are various sizes and shapes, and the style of the lampshade is also very diverse. ● The installation method is mainly for ceiling hooks that do not require electrical engineering. Some must be mounted directly on the ceiling or use lighting guides.
● When using a ceiling hook, you must pay attention to the weight of the fixture. ● When using a cable, a pad is added to support the weight of the lamp. ● When using the guide rail for lighting, the system of the power supply and the switch is located on the guide rail, and it is necessary to check whether the lighting fixture used is compatible.
● Door pillar lights, downlights or projection lights outside the entrance, garden lights, etc., the lamps are various in shape. ● Rainproof lighting fixtures are generally used. ● When used in a home, you can use a lighting fixture with sensors to provide nighttime security protection. ● When designing, consider the functionality of visual display and security.
● Even if it is rainproof, it cannot be used in places where there is a possibility of flooding, lighting fixtures embedded in the ground and nail-in projection lamps should be avoided in low-lying areas. ● Outdoor appliances must be drained and confirmed during construction. ● Within 500m of the coast, it is a deep salt-damaged area. Within 2000m, it is a salt-damaged area. Metal structures such as the frame of the downlight of the eaves may be corroded and must be paid more attention. In addition to stainless steel, it is best placed in a location where the rain washes the salt away. ● Even if it is rainproof, if the style that is mounted on the wall is used on the ground, or if the original direction of use is changed, the waterproofness will be lowered, and more attention must be paid.
● Lighting fixtures mounted on the wall. ● Used as auxiliary lighting, corridor or staircase lighting, indirect lighting, etc.
● In order to avoid hitting the lamp when passing through the corridor and stairs, or when touching something, in addition to confirming the length and width of the lighting fixture itself, the height and depth of the mounting position must be confirmed.
● Lights used to illuminate the feet. ● When used in a house, it is mostly used as a long-light (normal night light). ● Sensors can be installed in the bedroom and corridor to automatically control the switch. ● Some can take off the illuminated part and use it as a flashlight in case of emergency.
● The general installation height is 250 to 300 mm from the ground. ● Construction is usually carried out with a single or dual purpose switch box. ● Most outdoor occasions are buried in concrete with special boxes, and the specifications of different lighting fixtures are also different. ● When installing in outdoor concrete, the box may be buried at the same time as the construction starts. If you want to change the type of fixture afterwards, it may not be compatible with the already installed box, you must pay more attention.
● Lighting fixtures buried in the ceiling. ● Fluorescent lamps, LED lights, etc., all kinds of light sources can be selected. ● Overall lighting, local lighting, adjustable illumination angle lighting, wall-washing lighting, etc., can be selected according to different purposes.
● Used to centrally illuminate a part of the room. ● It is divided into a plug type that is mounted on a guide rail (line groove) for lighting and a flange type that is directly mounted on a ceiling or a wall. ● The bolt type can be easily adjusted in number and position after construction. ● The flange type is more refreshing in terms of appearance.
● If a large number of bolt-type projection lamps are installed on the same lighting rail, the height of the ceiling of the general house will make the lighting fixtures conspicuous. It is best to install a maximum of 2 to 3 rails of 1000 mm. ● The maximum number of projection lamps that can be installed on one lighting guide depends on the total number of fixing bolts. ● If the switching system of the dimming circuit is mounted on the lighting guide rail, it is not possible to mount the lighting fixture that cannot be dimmed on this rail.
● Must be able to withstand water droplets and humidity. ● A rubber ring will seal the gap between the lamp cover and the lamp itself. ● There are also some indirect lighting, but most of them are wall or ceiling lights.
● It is necessary to use lamps that are clearly described as moisture-proof, moisture-proof and rain-proof. ● The material of the lampshade is preferably a polycarbonate with good durability. ● Long-life lamps can reduce the number of opening and closing of the lamp cover and prevent the sealing from weakening. ● When using an LED lamp, in order to prevent the occurrence of a malfunction, it is necessary to confirm whether it corresponds to a sealed type lamp.